MNCS (Accred), MCOSA
I am a member of
- Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland
- National Counselling Society
Hello, Welcome to Aberdeen Reflection Counselling
I am Nic, an Accredited Person-Centred Counsellor with 16 years of experience. I specialise in working with people who are stress, depressed, struggles with their anxiety, coping to manage their anger and work-related issues.
This year I have been working on a Oil Rig supporting people with Covid 19 as well as their mental health. Being offshore can be very difficult working in a harsh environment far away from the different support services that we all take for granted.
Although I work privately, my journey as a Counsellor started 17 years ago. I began to worked for ACIS as a volunteer and after all this time I still support this amazing organisation. I too have been through the process and also seen the changes from my clients who I have helped, this is why I believe Talking Therapy Works.
In my 25 years’ of working in various sectors I understand the emotional and psychological impact of an individual. Wither it is personal or professional I know how it can affect the way we think and function. Poor mental health can contribute to poor physical health and it does not matter from what social background you are from it can affect anyone of us.
In my counselling career I have helped various occupations from Doctors, Head teacher, Managers, Nurses, Carers, Architect, young adults, anyone who is willing to be heard.
Here are some feedbacks from my clients after they had counselling:
- Can’t believe counselling has help them with their problems.
- Felt supported throughout the process and I have helped them to understand their issues.
- Untangle all the confusion inside their head.
- Feel free and able to see clearly what is really affecting them.
- They felt safe to open up and felt heard.
- A massive burden off their shoulders.
It is really important you can find someone you can connect and trust.
I have helped people overcome mental health issues such as:
- Addictions, compulsions, and obsessions: substance abuse, social media
- Working Offshore: stress, personal, professional, things at home.
- Confidence and self-esteem : panic attacks
- Loss and bereavement
- Abuse : All forms of abuse
- Relationship issues: family, professional, loneliness and isolation
- Stress management: anger, anxiety, depression, pressure, work-related stress, stress from your studies
My training and qualifications
- Certified Online and Telephone Counselling
- PGDip in Counselling – Aberdeen University
- Counselling Skills Programme – Aberdeen University
- HND in Social Sciences – Aberdeen College